Tuesday, November 30, 2010

OOC/IC: Shattering

OOC: Hi guys. I'm sorry for not being active recently. The newest patch and real life drama has kept me from my blog. I'm going to be starting it up again now, though! I might doing differant characters, though. If I do, it will be a rotation between all of them I'm sure. I won't let Tokarn nor any of the other guys left hanging.

Click here for the IC portion --->



IC:

*Part of the first page is burnt, and the writing is done with a crude make-shift pencil; a thin piece of wood with the end seared to be black as coal is wedged between the pages. The following entries take up four pages of the journal.*

Agony. Torment. Suffering.

That's all I recall feeling before the incidi-- *Scribbling*  The devastation that occurred.

What I know is that there was a large quake and from the very moment it began, I felt compelled to head to the barrens. Something there needed my aid.

*The sketch of the northern Barrens is apparent, along with the newly formed fissure that spans horizontally at the bottom of the zone.*

A fissure. A tear in the lands was opening up. 

*The writing becomes smaller, more unkempt. Tense.*

It must be stopped. It must be prevented. So much destruction... 

I summoned every bit of power I had. I was forcing my will on the pained spirits; I was doing what I promised I would not, and strained every ounce of my willpower into halting them- to at least halt the destruction.  

I could not. I was able to do nothing. Everything faded.

---------------

*The writing from here on is cleaner. More well written.* 
Day 1:
I awoke to meet the gaze of Malakoda, Rotuz, and Beren. I could not talk for the first day; as much as I wanted to say something, my body would not comply. Wounds might've healed, but exhaustion had not. I fell asleep almost immediately.

Day 2:
I awoke to see Mal, but Tuz's voice was the first to reach my ears. His voice is one I have not heard in a while. I do not remember what he said, but I do remember feeling... settled by it, as I had also felt such when Mal spoke to me. -- Mal left for a while, brought back food. He fed me by hand. I'm grateful for that. 

Day 3:
Malakoda was there when I awoke. Despite our past, he is still there for me. He let me rest back and we talked. This was the first time I contributed to a conversation in days. My voice hurt at the time. He spoke of his friendship with Tuz and how well they got along. It is... nice to see. 
I wish he had brought pie again. 

*A small sketch of a pumpkin pie takes a small space in the corner of the page.*

Day 4:
A tauren flew by the inn carrying my stave. He must have found it near where I collapsed. 

I was thankful and asked him if I could have transportation to the Bluff. He seemed worried about my safety, though the innkeeper assured I was ready for travel. I need to thank her again when I can. 

Thunderbluff is in good shape. I am relieved. 

-Tokarn

1 comment:

  1. If only Nork wasn't near death all this time. He would have gotten to Tok sooner!

    The Shattering really did a number on everyone.

    ReplyDelete